This past Fall, Hubby got his first deer, but neither of us has had any prior experience in cooking it. So what to make with the meat in our freezer? After searching Pinterest and random blogs, vlogs and recipe sites I came up with this.
Venison Steak Gravy and Mashed Potatoes (Manly food)
Venison Steak Gravy
A great way to enjoy the deer in your freezer this winter.
- 3 Lbs Venison Steak
- 3 Tbs Butter
- Black Pepper
- Seasoning Salt
- 2.5 cups Milk (divided)
- 1/3 cup of Flour
- Melt butter in skillet. Sear both sides of steak.
- Once meat has been browned, lower temperature to medium or low and add 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- Mix the remaining milk with the flour using a whisk.
- Stir the gravy often while on medium. Once it boils, set on low and it will begin to thick. Continue to stir occasionally until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Pore over mashed potatoes and enjoy with a side of green beans and fruit.